The Billing Specialist is responsible for all aspects of billing for claims as well as be able to support peers for billing for other service lines.
The Billing Specialist, a key position in the Revenue Cycle, facilitates the claims process, including accurate and timely claims creation, follow-up and correspondence with department directors, providers, insurance inquiries and clients.
The incumbent will assist in the clarification and development of process improvements and inquiries in order to maximize revenues.
The Billing Specialist is expected to take initiative in order to service the client in the best possible manner, provide general administrative services to ensure policy compliance and facilitate processing of essential policy related documents.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate's Degree desired, but not required.
- Minimum 2-years of experience in a customer service focused environment; preferably in a behavioral healthcare services environment.
- Highly computer literate and proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite of Products.
(Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Proven ability to manage multiple work functions in a high volume demanding setting.
- Must have strong knowledge of all guidelines for ICD-10, CPT/HCPCS codes, medical terminology, and billing processes.
- Knowledge of Explanation of Benefits (EOBs), Electronic Funds Transfer (EFTs) and Electronic Remittance Advice (ERAs).
- Preferred knowledge of Medical Billing/EHR (Electronic Health Records) systems preferably Medisked, Accumed, and/or NetSmart.